Injury claims under the NSW Scheme

Injured on the road?

Any person in New South Wales who has been injured as a result of a motor vehicle accident will be covered for their personal injury. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in NSW, you may be able to immediately claim up to $5,000 for your treatment and loss of earnings without having to lodge a formal claim. These benefits are available regardless of who was at fault and is available to anyone who is injured in a motor vehicle accident like drivers and passengers, riders and pillion passengers, pedestrians, and cyclists.


If you have suffered a minor injury, you may obtain benefits such as weekly income support benefits, medical and treatment; and domestic and personal care services to support your recovery for up to 26 weeks after the crash.


Feel free to contact us for a free advice about the benefits you can claim.

Serious Injury

New South Wales legislation creates different claim processes for people who suffer from minor and serious injuries as a result of a motor vehicle accident.

Sinnamon Lawyer’s dedicated team of professionals provide comprehensive support and advice following a serious motor vehicle accident for persons who have suffered more serious injuries that is not minor as defined by the NSW legislation. Due to the legal complexities, our expert lawyers are prepared assist in making a claim for common law damages (also called “lump sum compensation”) for seriously injured persons.


You can contact us for an obligation free advice as to whether your serious injuries qualify you for a lump sum compensation, and if you do qualify, we will assist you in pursuing your common law claim on a NO WIN NO FEE basis.

Are my injuries minor or serious?

What is considered a minor injury depends on your medical diagnosis. Usually, minor injuries are defined as injuries to the tissue supporting or surrounding other structures or organs of the body or a minor psychological injury. Accordingly, soft tissue injuries will not entitle an injured person to make a common law claim.

Non-minor physical injuries

Examples of non-minor physical injuries may include:

  • fractures;
  • nerve injuries;
  • complete or partial rupture of a tendon, cartilage, meniscus, or ligament; or
  • damage to the spinal nerve root.

Non-minor psychological or psychiatric injuries

Examples of non-minor psychological or psychiatric injuries may include:

What can I claim for?

If you have been injured in a car accident with serious injuries and not at fault for causing the motor vehicle accident, we can assist you with your claim for statutory benefits (also known as personal injury benefits) so we can get your wage, treatment and care expenses paid by the insurer.


Additionally, you may also be entitled to make a claim for damages under common law within three years from the date of the motor vehicle accident. Our expert lawyers can give you advice on your entitlements based on the outcome of your permanent impairment assessment. We understand that things are not always self-explanatory, our lawyers will be there to explain whether you qualify to make a claim for compensation for pain and suffering, future medical expenses, and past and future economic loss. An insurer will also be required to pay the claimant’s legal costs of the representation in a common law claim.


Your claim may entitle you to various significant damages and we are happy to provide obligation free advice to you so as to ensure that you do not miss out on the compensation to which you are entitled.

No win no fee

We believe everyone is entitled to expert legal representation. If you are thinking of making a compensation claim, our No Win No Fee lawyers can provide you with legal assistance without putting your financial security at risk.


For an obligation free discussion to determine whether you are entitled to a common law claim under the NSW CTP Scheme, please contact Sinnamon Lawyers for a free assessment of your claim.

Compensation for Close Relatives or Dependents

“If you are a close relative of someone who has recently passed due to a motor vehicle accident in Queensland or New South Wales, you may be entitled to compensation if their death was caused by the negligence of another party. We understand that losing someone important is devastating and our lawyers can assist you with dealing with the complexities of the process so you can focus on the more important things.”

Our team of dedicated professionals can provide comprehensive support and advice for close relatives or dependents who wish to make a claim for compensation due to the death of a family who was not at fault in a motor vehicle accident in Queensland or New South Wales.

You can contact us for an obligation free advice on your eligibility to make a claim for compensation, and the likely compensation you should be entitled to on a NO WIN NO FEE basis.


Am I eligible?

Queensland and New South Wales legislation allows eligible close relatives or dependents to be compensated if they can satisfy any of the following criteria:

  • A partner (spouse) of the deceased person;
  • A child of the deceased person; or
  • you were dependent on the deceased person financially or for some service at the time of their death.

I am eligible, what can I claim?

Eligible close relatives or dependants can make a claim for loss of financial support; loss of care; and expenses related to medical and funeral costs; economic losses, including lost wages, earnings, and superannuation.

It is difficult to predict with any degree of certainty how a court may decide on the various pieces of evidence that make up a dependency claim. However, Sinnamon Lawyers can help you decide the best avenues to take in calculating your claim depending on your circumstances.


No Win No Fee

Sinnamon Lawyers are NO WIN NO FEE lawyers for many types of compensation claims.  To find out more if your circumstances are applicable or if you need to speak to a personal injury lawyer about a compensation to relatives claim, please call us for a free appraisal.

What Our Clients Say

There are strict limitation periods that apply to these claims, so for further information, please complete the online enquiry or give us an obligation free call.

Get A Free Claim Assessment Today

There is not cost or risk in contacting us simply for an appraisal.

Enquire Now

Fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.